Ontario Construction Report staff writer
In the The Buildings Show 30th edition at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), The World of Concrete Toronto Pavilion, HomeBuilder & Renovator Expo and STONEX Canada will relocate and grow in the North Building as Construct Canada and PM Expo maintain their position and expand in the South Building.
The show takes place on Nov. 28, 29 and 30.
Show organizers say the changes will form North America’s leading building design, construction and property management exhibition and education program with “a new immersive and unique experience through larger-than-life, dynamic exhibits, thought-provoking discussions, inspirational designs and innovative product showcases.”
“Informa is constantly looking for ways to innovate to ensure we’re providing our attendees, exhibitors, sponsors and suppliers the best possible experience,” says Nancy Milani, Informa Canada’s vice-president trade expositions.
“Adding STONEX Canada, enhancing the educational programming and growing the show floor through onsite activations and demonstrations makes The Buildings Show the number one resource for anyone in the industry,” she said in a statement.
Through new show floor features, attendees will see first-hand the latest products, solutions and technologies impacting the future of the built environment:
- RYCOM Smart Tech Pavilion brings the Smart Tech conversation front and center for the Canadian Real Estate Markets;
- Carpenters in Action hosted by the Carpenters Union Local 27 expands to include innovations in formwork and scaffolding and trends and materials in interior and exterior trades;
- Concrete Decor LIVE! makes its debut to showcase both the durability and beauty of decorative and architectural concrete;
- Procore Tech Pavilion shares and showcases leading edge and innovative construction technology solutions, ranging from project management to field productivity, through finance to safety;
- Concrete Canoe Innovation Showcase displays prototypes to final outcomes created by the civil engineering teams from Ryerson University and the University of Toronto;
- Safetech Environmental Lounge provides delegates a new networking space to continue conversations;
- Rymar Golf Lounge offers a daily “Closest to the Pin” challenge for prizes valued at $1,500.
“The change is a part of Informa’s growth strategy for long-term sustainability to match the growth of multidisciplinary industries” says programming director Teresa Dominques Baker.. “We’ve focused our programming to move the industry forward through advanced innovation, technology, sustainability, wellness and design. We’re excited about bringing engaging interactive learning and face-to-face opportunities with exhibitors and speakers to learn, lead, and empower each other to create tomorrow’s stronger built environment.”
Informa says expert-led seminars, panels and roundtables provide the industry “with the best opportunities to expand their knowledge base, prepare themselves to adopt industry best practices and save time and money:”
- International Architectural Roundtable Architectural Design: Shaping the Imagination (Wed. Nov. 28 @ 8am) – Exploring the future of architectural design, guiding principles that shift design-thinking, how leading-edge scientific research influences the built world and more.
- PM Executive Roundtable – PropTech: Transforming the CRE Industry Through Technology & Innovation (Thurs. Nov. 29 @ 8am) – How is PropTech transforming buildings and the way they operate through technology and innovation?
- The Evolution of Real Estate: Developing People and Transforming Organizations for the Future of Work (Wed. Nov. 28 @ 8:30am) – This interactive discussion will examine trends currently defining the new world of work, AI, robots and what opportunities can be seized to build more competitive, prosperous and inclusive organizations.
- Canada’s National Housing Strategy (NHS): Leading to a New Generation of Sustainable and Accessible Housing (Wed. Nov. 28 @ 8am) – The National Housing Strategy is a 10-year, $40-billion plan that will give more Canadians a place to call home. Learn how to be part of delivering on this vision.
- Ask the Experts Breakfast with BASF (Wed. Nov. 28 & Thurs. Nov. 29 @ 7am) – Get answers to the toughest concrete challenges from industry experts in an intimate and open setting.
Show hours are 10 a.m to 5 p.m. on Nov. 28 and 29, and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Nov. 30. Roundtables, workshops and seminars are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 28 and 29.
Ontario Construction Report will be at booth 1153 in the South Building.