The City of Ottawa has invited five real estate teams to submit proposals for the Ottawa Public Library – Library and Archives Canada joint facility.
The city released a request for proposals (RFP) to the five teams selected through the request for qualifications process in April.
The shortlisted teams are:
– Diamond Schmitt Architects (Canada) – KWC Architects (Canada)
– Mecanoo International b.v. (Holland) – NORR Architects & Engineers Ltd (Canada)
– Patkau Architects (Canada) – MSDL Architects (Canada) – GRC Architects (Canada)
– Revery Architects Inc. (formerly Bing Thom Architects) (Canada) – GRC Architects (Canada)
– Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects (Denmark) – KPMB Architects (Canada) – Hobin Architecture (Canada)
This is the second phase of the two-phase procurement process for professional design services. Following approval by City Council and the Ottawa Public Library Board, an architectural team will be selected later this fall, after which the design development work will begin, including initial concepts and schematic designs. Construction tendering will proceed after the design work is completed, according to a statement by the City of Ottawa.
On Feb. 8, 2017, City Council approved pursuing a joint facility between Ottawa Public Library and Library Archives Canada at 557 Wellington St.
The RFP process is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.