Infrastructure Ontario and Hawkesbury and District General Hospital have issued a request for qualifications to build and finance thehospital’s expansion and redevelopment project.
The project includes a combination of renovations and new construction at the hospital. Highlights of the project include:
- a new consolidated ambulatory care centre that will include specialty clinics, hemodialysis, cardiology services and medical day care
- an expanded complex continuing care unit
- a new perioperative department
- expansion of emergency services
- additional acute care inpatient beds
- major renovations to the existing hospital to accommodate a new psychiatry in-patient unit, an expanded medical-surgical unit, expande diagnostic services and a new operating room
The request for qualifications is the first step in the procurement process to select a team to build and finance the project. Submissions will be reviewed to pre-qualify project teams with the construction experience, qualified personnel and financial strength to deliver a project of this size and complexity. These teams will then be invited to respond to a request for proposals, which is expected to be released in the fall of 2013.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Hawkesbury and District General Hospital to expand and renovate the facility, which will remain publicly owned, publicly controlled and publicly accountable.