Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Brockville General Hospital have shortlisted five companies to build and finance the hospital’s redevelopment project.
The request for qualifications process began in June 2015 and based on those submissions, the following companies were shortlisted:
- PCL Constructors Canada, Inc.;
- Pomerleau Inc.;
- M. Sullivan and Son, Ltd.;
- EllisDon Corporation; and
- Walsh Canada.
The project will consolidate programs and services offered on the Garden and Charles Street sites to the Charles Street site.
The project involves a combination of new construction and renovations, which will include a four-storey addition that will accommodate:
- 29 Mental Health beds including five new
- 47 Complex Continuing Care and Palliative Care beds including five new
- 17 Inpatient Rehabilitation and Restorative Care beds including 12 new
- Several of the support services such as food services, environmental services and facilities will also be relocated to the new wing
The shortlisted companies will be invited to respond to a request for proposals, which is expected to be issued in spring 2016.
IO and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Brockville General Hospital to redevelop the facility, which will be publicly owned and controlled.