Ottawa Construction News special feature
Tomlinson enlisted TAL-CO Building Innovations Ltd. to co-ordinate the CORE project from start to finish.
“We were included from the very start with Tomlinson chief executive officer Ron Tomlinson and Bronwen Heins during the RFP process with the consultants on through to ultimately completing all aspects of the construction, commissioning, turn-over and the warranty period,” said TAL-CO president Keith B. Oster.
“It’s a pleasure driving by the CORE bulding on Fallowfield Dr. knowing that the Tomlinson family (executives and employees) genuinely do love their new environment.”
Oster says that, while there were many challenges in the mult-year project, it succeeded because of exellent communication that “allowed TAL-CO to make quick informed decisions with their own forces and the project’s sub-trades to achieve progress in the most effective and efficient pathways possible.”
He also offered praise for several project participants, including:
- Tomlinson’s administrative staff, especially Shelley Vinters and Maria McGrath;
- Administrative staff, including Wade Ennis, Lesley DeFranco and Stephanie Calagourel;
- Tomlinson project leads including Ron Tomlinson, Bronwen Heins (design period only) and Leonard Patter;
- The design team, Samantha Schneider of Christopher Simmonds Architects & Brian Johnson of Cleland Jardine Engineers especially; and
- “All of my team at TAL-CO.”