Infrastructure Ontario and Hawkesbury and District General Hospital have released a request for proposals for the hospital’s expansion and redevelopment project to six prequalified companies.
A request for qualifications issued in May 2013 prequalified the following companies with the construction and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and complexity:
- Bondfield Construction
- EllisDon Corporation
- Healthcare Redevelopment Partners (OHL+Elite Construction)
- M. Sullivan & Son Limited
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Pomerleau Inc.
The project includes a combination of renovations and new construction at the hospital. Newly built features will include:
- a consolidated ambulatory care centre that will include specialty clinics, hemodialysis, cardiology services and medical day care
- an expanded complex continuing care unit
- a new perioperative department
- expansion of emergency services
- additional acute care inpatient beds
Major renovations to the existing hospital will accommodate:
- a new mental health in-patient unit
- an expanded medical-surgical unit
- expanded diagnostic services
- a new operating room
Once submissions to the request for proposals are received and evaluated, the successful project team is expected to be selected and announced in summer 2014. Construction is expected to begin shortly thereafter.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Hawkesbury and District General Hospital to expand and renovate the facility, which will remain publicly owned, publicly controlled and publicly accountable.