Ottawa Construction News staff writer
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and the Ottawa Hospital have issued a request for proposals (RFP) for a design and development team for the Civic Campus redevelopment project, a major referral centre for Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec and Nunavut, and the Eastern Ontario Trauma Centre.
The RFP process is expected to close in fall 2023, and the development partner will enter into a fixed-price, public-private partnership (P3) agreement to design, build, finance, and maintain the project.
As one of Canada’s largest acute care learning hospitals, the new campus will provide a full range of specialized services and education for those with the most complex injuries and illness.
The RFP is the first step in IO’s new progressive procurement approach to deliver projects through “more collaborative means”.
Features of the new campus include:
- 641 inpatient beds, including nearly 100 critical care beds
- One of the most advanced trauma centres in Eastern Ontario
- Education integrated into the design to ensure patients benefit from the most advanced and innovative technologies and therapies
- A one-patient, one bedroom, one-bathroom model for better infection prevention and control, better privacy and better rest
- A transit-oriented site that is pedestrian and cyclist safe, accessible, with greenspace
Interested companies must register with www.merx.com to download the RFP and participate in the first phase of the process.
For more information, visit IO’s The Ottawa Hospital – Civic Campus Redevelopment project web page.