The City of Cornwall has posted a career opportunity for a senior building inspector.
Applicants are invited to submit their name and proof of qualifications until Friday, Feb 12.
The announcement says:
“Situated along the majestic banks of the St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario and centrally located in close proximity to Ottawa, Montreal and New York State, the City of Cornwall is a progressive community of 47,000. Our City boasts a modern economy lead by forward thinking companies; its numerous parks and recreational facilities make it an excellent place to raise a family. Cornwall offers contemporary urban amenities with the friendly charm of small town quality of life.
“Cornwall’s Building and By-law Division is service oriented and dedicated to affording residents the construction standards respecting occupants’ health and safety that Ontario offers. An opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Building Inspector (Unionized) primarily to review and process building permit applications and conduct site inspections to ensure Ontario Building Code compliance.”
Please visit: http://www.cornwall.ca/en/humanresources/Senior-Building-Inspector.asp for complete posting.
Experience and Qualifications
- Post-secondary three (3) degree diploma in Architectural Technology, Engineering/Construction
Technology or suitable equivalent.
- Certification in the following Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) Categories of Qualifications: House, Small Buildings, Large Buildings, Complex Buildings, Plumbing-House, Plumbing-All Buildings, HVAC-House, Building Services and Building Structural. A successful applicant not possessing all of these qualifications will be required to do so in a reasonable timeframe.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in the OBC/construction field; three (3) years minimum municipal experience in a MMAH certified building officials role, with site inspection emphasis.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code Act, the Ontario Building Code and associated Regulations is required.
- Certified Building Code Official (CBCO) eligibility is mandatory; eligible for Certified Technologist designation with the OACETT or the AATO.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate a personal computer and mobile device; an understanding of the municipal software “CityView” is an asset.
- Possess a valid Class “G” driver’s license in good standing.
The City of Cornwall offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Applicants are invited to submit their resume and proof of qualifications by Friday, Feb. 12, 2016.
The Corporation of the City of Cornwall, File #16-02 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
The Corporation of The City of Cornwall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.